Workplace Assistant - Part Time
RETIREES – Had enough downtime? Put your years of experience back into action PART TIME!!
Do you have a background in education, guidance counseling, or experience in human services? Put your skills and passions to work helping individuals with disabilities to maintain employment and achieve independence. This is not an office job. Exact hours will depend on your clients' work hours and vocational needs. You must have a valid driver’s license, dependable transportation, ability to plan your day and then shift gears, if necessary, to accommodate last-minute developments. Workdays would be Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday for a 2 hour shift between the hours of 12pm-4pm.
Please apply online through Workable. The Choice Group retains submitted resumes and cover letters for 180 days, so candidates who have applied within that period need not reapply.
Provide follow-along, monitor progress, health and safety to persons with disabilities in the Winchester area. At least a High School Diploma is required and related experience is required. Experience with working with individuals with disabilities preferred. This position requires a self-starter with computer and time management skills, who can work a flexible schedule. This is NOT a 9-5, Monday through Friday job. Good driving record and documentation of adequate insurance required. Compensation based on education, skills, and experience.
Specific job duties include:
* Monitor and support clients following the requirements of specific employment situations for the purpose of supporting the client to maintain employment;
* Follow instructions regarding Individual Service Plans (ISP), for each client following all goals, objectives, and methods of evaluating goal attainment;
* Maintain required documentation on each client;
* Prepare written paperwork and reports in the appropriate format for the referral source on a monthly, quarterly, or as-needed basis and in a timely manner;
* Communicate with employers at local businesses to support specific clients with severe/most severe disabilities in maintaining employment;
* Follow instructions on how to monitor and evaluate client work performance; how to collect skill acquisition and production data; how and when to provide additional training or intervention; and obtain feedback from client, employer and coworkers;
* Provide on-going assessment and follow-along services as needed and authorized;
* Prepare written materials for clients, employers and counselors;
* Communicate with referral sources and other service providers on an on-going basis in a holistic approach to providing long-term service to persons with severe/most severe disabilities, including the need for (and use of) authorized hours in advance;
* Provide back-up support as needed;
* Advocate for the employment of persons with severe/most severe disabilities with family members, service providers, and employers;
* Participate in the process of achieving and maintaining CARF accreditation;
* Use a computer and telephone effectively;
* Communicate effectively with clients and staff verbally and in written form;
* Manage time effectively and have availability to work various hours of the day and night;
* Obtain and report relevant ongoing education;
* Perform other duties as assigned.
EOE/VEVRAA Federal Contractor - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Compensation based on education, experience, and additional applicable skills.