Vocational Counselor ( Norfolk and surrounding areas )
Do you have an interest in education or do you have experience in human services? Do you know the Norfolk and surrounding areas? Put your skills and passions to work helping individuals with disabilities prepare for entering the workforce, succeed at employment and increase independence. This is not an office job! Exact hours will depend on your clients' work hours and vocational needs. You must have a valid driver’s license, dependable transportation, ability to plan your day and then shift gears, if necessary, to accommodate last-minute developments. Full-time and part-time applicants will be considered.
Full-time and Part-time employment will be considered
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Human Services or related field and a minimum of two years experience working with people with disabilities. Education experience preferred.
Apply online at www.thechoicegroup.com. The Choice Group retains submitted resumes and cover letters for 180 days, so candidates who have applied within that period need not reapply.
Provide supported employment and related services to individuals with disabilities in the Norfolk and surrounding areas who are entering the workforce. This position requires a self-starter with computer and time management skills, who can work a flexible schedule. Good driving record and documentation of adequate insurance required.
EOE/VEVRAA Federal Contractor - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
The Choice Group is an E-Verify employer.
Compensation: Compensation is excellent and based on education, experience, and additional applicable skills.
Specific job duties include:
* Support individuals with disabilities to obtain and maintain employment;
* Work with students with disabilities to provide group and individualized transition services
*Provide instruction in job exploration, career pathways, self-advocacy, and work-based learning experiences.
* Communicate with employers to develop employment opportunities for specific clients with severe/most severe disabilities;
*Assist clients with application and interview process and coordinate arrangements for job placement;
* Train and counsel clients, in competitive employment using systematic instructional techniques, compensatory strategies, job adaptation/modification and positive behavioral support techniques;
* Monitor and evaluate client work performance by collecting skill acquisition and production data and obtaining feedback from client, employer and coworkers, providing additional training or intervention as needed;
* Provide on-going assessment and follow-along services as needed and authorized;
* Provide Independent Living Skills to clients in community-based settings;
* Provide job site consultations and back-up support as needed;
* Advocate the employment of persons with severe/most severe disabilities with service providers and employers.
* Manage time effectively and have availability to work various hours of the day and night; * *Maintain required documentation on each client;
* Complete paperwork in a timely manner;
* Perform other duties as assigned.